Monday, February 20, 2006

That time again

As much as I hate random posts, I hate them emotion soaked ones as well. But today I must indulge.

And if you’re taking a walk through the garden of life
What do you think you’d expect you would see?
Just like a mirror reflecting the moves of your life
And in the river reflections of me

We’re blood brothers, we’re blood brothers
We’re blood brothers, we’re blood brothers
-- Iron Maiden, Blood Brothers

At 16, he had enough and said goodbye to a family he knew for less than 4 years. The fauj beckoned and a gunner joined the ranks. Paki border, Sikh terrorists, tapping chinese lines. Been there done that.

Every visit to the MH for those nasty shots had one great moment always.

Meri santaan mujhse bhi aage

A sign on the wall that he showed me every single time. A line that I'll take to the grave. All those years. All that bullshit you put up with. All the civilian crap you deal with everyday. All that beer we drank together. All those moments we missed. All the life that lies ahead.

Thanks Dad. Cheers

PS : Even now he's back home cursing at "civilian behen****s" driving to work in that snarling traffic and polluted air my beautiful hometown affords. 10 months aint that long. See ya soon daddy-o

No comments: